Saturday, April 27, 2013

Recruiting Drive: Convoy (Issue #1)

"Convoy" was my first foray into serious dio-story writing and 1:18 scale theatre.  The Cobra Command briefing room is a "black box" theatre, using construction paper and double-sided tape to line the walls and floor.  Outdoor dio shots were in my backyard, where we dumped two bags of playground sand to make the coastline.

I wrote "Convoy" as a stand-alone piece, which meant I had to figure out what where I wanted to go when I started making my second dio-story.  I didn't even think of cover images or identifying my custom Joes at this point. 

"Convoy" was originally published by me on 2/28/2005.  GI Joe, Cobra, and all named characters are copyright Hasbro, etc.

Convoy

Scene 1



















Scene 2




































































Scene 3


 

 









1 comment:

  1. Looking good dude. I know I have seen some places that have the gallery format. I use WordPress for my blogs...one of their 3rd-party peeps may have something. I'll find out and let ya know.

    ReplyDelete